Articles and References
1. Cornellbigred.com - Gundy's Documentary Helps Answer "Where Do We Go From Here?"
2. Harvard Kennedy School - Advancing Gender Equality in Venture Capital
3. Brookings - Charts of the Week: The racial wealth gap; the middle-class income slump
4. CNBC - Black leaders offer several key steps to help close the racial wealth gap
5. McKinsey & Company - Building supportive ecosystems for Black-owned US businesses
6. The Color of Law - Published by Liveright in May 2017; designated one of ten finalists on the National Book Awards’ long list for the best non-fiction book of 2017
7. Decolonizing Wealth - A provocative analysis of the dysfunctional colonial dynamics at play in philanthropy and finance
8. Ibram X. Kendi Books - A National Book Award-winning and #1 New York Times bestselling author of seven books. Dr. Kendi is the Andrew W. Mellon Professor in the Humanities and the Founding Director of the Boston University Center for Antiracist Research.
9. West River Group - The Power of Diversity: Why Homogeneous Teams in Venture Capital are Bad for Business
10. Exponential Talent LLC - These tools offer connections to a variety of resources that can help organizations improve diversity and inclusion, start the talent management journey and reinvigorate a stalled effort.
11. Columbia Business School - The Gender Factor in Investing: New research explores how biases can affect the funding of female-led ventures.
12. Minority Entrepreneurship Institute - This is a seed-stage impact investing fund that hosts annual pitch competitions for Black, LatinX, and Female Founders.